It shall be ensured that all required measures are enforced to secure the ship against intruders, or others with intention to harm crew, ship, cargo, or who has the intention to use the ship to harm others.
Instruction as outlined in the Ship Security Plan with reference to International Ship and Port Security Code (ISPS) shall be followed.
The master / Ship Security Officer (SSO) shall allocate additional personnel on watch when conditions in port or at sea merit this.
Every endeavor shall be made to prevent access of unauthorized persons to the ship in order to:
- Protect individuals, property of crew members and passengers
- Protect the environment, ship, property and cargo
Every warning of, or rumor of a security treat, given from contracting governments or others, shall be taken seriously, and handled in close coordination with the Company Security Officer (CSO).
All employees are responsible for their own performance according to the security plan. This requires knowledge and understanding from employees at all levels. The aim is to give all relevant employees:
- Knowledge according to their role in the security plan
- Motivation to, not only to participate, but also suggest improvements to the security on board
- Promoting security awareness in all activities